logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Noxxys  
#1 Posted : Monday, August 8, 2016 11:22:56 PM(UTC)
Noxxys

Groups: Registered
Netherlands

Hey guys,

I've been using using the Rage Plugin Hook for a while to play LSPDFR.
Yesterday, I tried to play GTA Online (I hadn't played it for a long time), and couldn't connect.
The day after, I got an email saying that I've been banned from GTA Online.

It's weird because I started GTA Online normally from Steam, not using RAGE Plugin Hook (which is not possible anyway).
Have you guys experienced the same thing? Did they detect RAGE Plugin Hook and are now punishing players for using it offline?

extract from the email:
"Accounts can become flagged as a result of evidence for violations such as modding, exploiting or abusing game mechanics, manipulating protected game data and code, or otherwise interfering with other players’ gameplay experience."

Cheers
Offline RalFingerLP  
#2 Posted : Thursday, August 18, 2016 10:14:37 AM(UTC)
RalFingerLP

Germany

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
This happend to me aswell, this is why I have 2 diffrent folders, one vanilla gta (for online play) and the modded version.
Like you I didn´t use any of the mod´s but RS is scanning your folder and will see all the files which don´t belong.
Offline Noxxys  
#3 Posted : Thursday, August 18, 2016 11:07:44 AM(UTC)
Noxxys

Netherlands

I thought their stance on this situation was to allow people to play single player mods without banning them. Have they announced anything officially on that topic?
Thanks for the tip. I've contacted Rockstart support, but no answer so far (I guess they don't care).

EDIT: I missed their automated answer. I need to check if I'm banned temporarily or permanently:

Hello Noxxys,

Thank you for contacting Rockstar Support. GTA Online bans are triggered by a number of factors, including modding in GTA Online, exploiting or abusing game mechanics, manipulating protected game data and code, or otherwise interfering with other players’ gameplay experience. If you are banned from GTA Online, your ban expiration date is show in the lower-left corner after being returned to Story Mode following an attempt to play online.

We generally do not overturn temporary bans nor can we guarantee individual responses to any temporary or permanent ban appeals; however, we will review any evidence you submitted and take it into consideration. No further information is required from you at this time, and this ticket will close on its own.

Best regards,
Rockstar Support

Edited by user Thursday, August 18, 2016 5:42:57 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified