logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Voice of Reason  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, September 13, 2016 4:41:08 AM(UTC)
Voice of Reason


Rank: Newbie

Groups: Registered
Joined: 9/13/2016(UTC)
Posts: 6
Canada

Hello, this is my first time posting on the RAGE Plugin Hook Forums, while the issue I am currently trying to solve is not exactly game breaking, per say. It does effect one's overall enjoyment of the game with the use of plugins.

I personally use RAGE Plugin Hook as a platform to run LSPDfr and I also use simple trainer, though that does not require RAGE Plugin Hook.

As I am sure many of you are awake that Grand Theft Auto V has had reported issues with a momory leak that occurs. I have been noticing this leak myself when ever I am playing LSPDFR. I would watch my Physical Memory Usage History in my Task Manager continue to slowly increase over time. Naturally, I feared that my system was suffering from Rockstar's memory leak as an attempt to deture hackers in the online component of the game, what I have seen in other forums, such as in the Steam community and I believe this community as well. I had used a trial version (now expired) of SystemCacheBoost (I beleive this is what it was called) which seemed to help slow the leak, but not completely resolve it.

A few days ago, I had the erg to play GTA Online again. So, I moved all of my custom content, which is nothing more than a few addon cars and Simple Trainer out of the game's folder.

I then used Steam's verify integrity to ensure that all my files would comply with Rockstar's online terms. I was able to get into an online game with no issues at all. However, this time when I played the game, I noticed that there was no memory leak issues at all. The most Physical Memory used according to my Task Manager was about 8.00 or so GB's. Even when it reached this, it would often drop back down to Six point something. No frame rate issues, no stuttering, nothing. My average FPS is normally in the 60-80s running on high/very high settings. The only Ultra setting being reflections. This was after 3-4 hour play sessions mind you.

With LSPDFR and RAGE Plugin Hook running, this is sadly not the case. Often times when LSPDFR is in it's "On Duty" status. While I can keep my FPS within the 60 range, there is a noticeable hitching/stutter on occasion mostly during the day and it is most noticeable when driving in traffic, behaving. I often feel I can only go on duty for at max two hours before I feel the need to exit GTA, this is when my Physical Memory usages is at 10 of it's 16 GB's. Which is rather unfortunate for me. I understand that as a mod, this means that the game will use more memory. However, a memory leak is something else.

So, I believe the point I am trying to make here, is that I do not believe GTAV itself is the problem, but rather that the, or should I say my performance/memory issues seem to be with either RAGE Plugin Hook or LSPDfr. Today I spent some time playing GTA V's story mode without RAGE Plugin Hook for a lengthy session of simply messing around. I did have Simple Trainer installed and running, and there was no performance issue. Which leads me to believe that, unfortunately on my system RAGE Plugin Hook 0.45.1000.9441 is suffering a memory leak.

I am hoping that we can reach a solution for this issue I am experiencing.

I will now post my system spec's According to my Dxdiag information

OS: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1)

Processor: Inter Core i7-4820K @3.70Ghz (8 CPUs), 3.7Ghz

Memory 16284MB of RAM

DirectX 11

Video Card: AMD R9 290x Factory OC with 4095 MB total Memory (Drivers are up to date)

Cheers,
Voice.
Offline Razontex  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, September 13, 2016 9:31:07 AM(UTC)
Razontex


Rank: Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 7/11/2016(UTC)
Posts: 13
Man
Norway

Thanks: 1 times
Was thanked: 18 time(s) in 17 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Voice of Reason Go to Quoted Post
Hello, this is my first time posting on the RAGE Plugin Hook Forums, while the issue I am currently trying to solve is not exactly game breaking, per say. It does effect one's overall enjoyment of the game with the use of plugins.

I personally use RAGE Plugin Hook as a platform to run LSPDfr and I also use simple trainer, though that does not require RAGE Plugin Hook.

As I am sure many of you are awake that Grand Theft Auto V has had reported issues with a momory leak that occurs. I have been noticing this leak myself when ever I am playing LSPDFR. I would watch my Physical Memory Usage History in my Task Manager continue to slowly increase over time. Naturally, I feared that my system was suffering from Rockstar's memory leak as an attempt to deture hackers in the online component of the game, what I have seen in other forums, such as in the Steam community and I believe this community as well. I had used a trial version (now expired) of SystemCacheBoost (I beleive this is what it was called) which seemed to help slow the leak, but not completely resolve it.

A few days ago, I had the erg to play GTA Online again. So, I moved all of my custom content, which is nothing more than a few addon cars and Simple Trainer out of the game's folder.

I then used Steam's verify integrity to ensure that all my files would comply with Rockstar's online terms. I was able to get into an online game with no issues at all. However, this time when I played the game, I noticed that there was no memory leak issues at all. The most Physical Memory used according to my Task Manager was about 8.00 or so GB's. Even when it reached this, it would often drop back down to Six point something. No frame rate issues, no stuttering, nothing. My average FPS is normally in the 60-80s running on high/very high settings. The only Ultra setting being reflections. This was after 3-4 hour play sessions mind you.

With LSPDFR and RAGE Plugin Hook running, this is sadly not the case. Often times when LSPDFR is in it's "On Duty" status. While I can keep my FPS within the 60 range, there is a noticeable hitching/stutter on occasion mostly during the day and it is most noticeable when driving in traffic, behaving. I often feel I can only go on duty for at max two hours before I feel the need to exit GTA, this is when my Physical Memory usages is at 10 of it's 16 GB's. Which is rather unfortunate for me. I understand that as a mod, this means that the game will use more memory. However, a memory leak is something else.

So, I believe the point I am trying to make here, is that I do not believe GTAV itself is the problem, but rather that the, or should I say my performance/memory issues seem to be with either RAGE Plugin Hook or LSPDfr. Today I spent some time playing GTA V's story mode without RAGE Plugin Hook for a lengthy session of simply messing around. I did have Simple Trainer installed and running, and there was no performance issue. Which leads me to believe that, unfortunately on my system RAGE Plugin Hook 0.45.1000.9441 is suffering a memory leak.

I am hoping that we can reach a solution for this issue I am experiencing.

I will now post my system spec's According to my Dxdiag information

OS: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1)

Processor: Inter Core i7-4820K @3.70Ghz (8 CPUs), 3.7Ghz

Memory 16284MB of RAM

DirectX 11

Video Card: AMD R9 290x Factory OC with 4095 MB total Memory (Drivers are up to date)

Cheers,
Voice.


Hi! Glad to see you atleast play without crashes happening after just minutes of playing. Though you have a another more ''serious'' problem.

You are not alone in this. I tend to have aprox. 10 of 16 GB RAM in use after a while of playing, though GTA V only uses about half of it if I am correct.
When it comes to the performance and stuttering, it depends on what kind of plugins (most of them related to LSPDFR), can kill your FPS.

Plugins like Keep Calm (by Stealth22) and I also think ClearTheWayV. It also depends on how many plugins you got, the more you have, the more to load and operate. As I can see, your computer specifications are good enough to run GTA V at high settings with high FPS, so thats not the problem.

I would say (if you have a good amount of free time sometime), try the plugins (both loaded with Ragepluginhook and LSPDFR when going on duty) one by one, and see if you can find out what plugins are causing the most of the stuttering/performance loss. This is also what we do to troubleshoot unknown crashes, but its reallt just worth a shot. I am though not telling you to remove the plugin causing the performance loss.

However, I am not an official developer of any plugins, or RagePluginHook itself, I have only experienced same ''issues'' as you have done.

Have a great day!

Cheers.

Edited by user Tuesday, September 13, 2016 9:39:06 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline Voice of Reason  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, September 13, 2016 8:36:51 PM(UTC)
Voice of Reason


Rank: Newbie

Groups: Registered
Joined: 9/13/2016(UTC)
Posts: 6
Canada

Hello Razontex! Thank you for replying to my post. It's funny really, when I posted my issue on LSPDfr, the responses I got there suggested that the problem was related to RAGE Plugin Hook. I did have Keep Calm installed, but I removed it a few weeks ago and the issue with memory leaking remained. I'll show you the list of plugin's I have installed:

Arrest Manager
ComputerPlus
EMSmod
LSPDFR+
PeterUCallouts
PoliceRadio
SearchWarrant
Police Partner
Traffic Policer

Other Plugin's used:

EUP
Player location

Now here's a question, when LSPDfr is loaded but not in it's 'on duty' mode, would the plugins affiliated with it still cause a memory leak? Or is it possible that EUP is responsible?

I will try what you suggested, but perhaps I was not clear in my first post, that even when LSPDfr isn't on duty the memory leak still occurs so long as RAGE Plugin Hook is running.

Voice.
Offline Razontex  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, September 13, 2016 10:45:31 PM(UTC)
Razontex


Rank: Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 7/11/2016(UTC)
Posts: 13
Man
Norway

Thanks: 1 times
Was thanked: 18 time(s) in 17 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Voice of Reason Go to Quoted Post


Now here's a question, when LSPDfr is loaded but not in it's 'on duty' mode, would the plugins affiliated with it still cause a memory leak? Or is it possible that EUP is responsible?

I will try what you suggested, but perhaps I was not clear in my first post, that even when LSPDfr isn't on duty the memory leak still occurs so long as RAGE Plugin Hook is running.

Voice.


Plugins loaded with LSPDFR will not have an affect on memory leak unless you are on duty. Those plugins will not operate or be active before you go on duty.

Hm, I have not experienced memory leak with only RagePluginHook, so thats an odd issue.

Try loading up ragepluginhook without any plugins, uncheck LSPDFR and any other plugins in the plugins tab in RagePluginHook settings.
Offline Voice of Reason  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, September 14, 2016 12:00:09 AM(UTC)
Voice of Reason


Rank: Newbie

Groups: Registered
Joined: 9/13/2016(UTC)
Posts: 6
Canada

Razontex, You are correct that RAGE Plugin Hook doesn't have a memory leak, I just tried running LSPDfr with nothing other than Simple Trainer. I removed all extra LSPDfr related plugins before doing so. I went on duty for nearly two whole hours and while there was some stuttering in the the Los Santos downtown area (It was during the day, bright and sunny.) I kept a close eye on my Physical Memory Usage in Task manager. The most memory used was about 8.17 GB of memory, that number came up at the end of the session, after the jail cell was rather full with arrested perps.

So yes, RAGE Plugin Hook doesn't have a memory leak, thank goodness. It would appear one of the plugin's I am using is causing the issue. Time to do what you have suggested and start testing out the other plugins one at a time, to find a culprit.
Offline Razontex  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, September 14, 2016 12:21:24 AM(UTC)
Razontex


Rank: Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 7/11/2016(UTC)
Posts: 13
Man
Norway

Thanks: 1 times
Was thanked: 18 time(s) in 17 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Voice of Reason Go to Quoted Post
Razontex, You are correct that RAGE Plugin Hook doesn't have a memory leak, I just tried running LSPDfr with nothing other than Simple Trainer. I removed all extra LSPDfr related plugins before doing so. I went on duty for nearly two whole hours and while there was some stuttering in the the Los Santos downtown area (It was during the day, bright and sunny.) I kept a close eye on my Physical Memory Usage in Task manager. The most memory used was about 8.17 GB of memory, that number came up at the end of the session, after the jail cell was rather full with arrested perps.

So yes, RAGE Plugin Hook doesn't have a memory leak, thank goodness. It would appear one of the plugin's I am using is causing the issue. Time to do what you have suggested and start testing out the other plugins one at a time, to find a culprit.


I use the same plugins as you use, besides EUP. I havent experienced any issues with EUP when it comes to perfomance loss. LSPDFR though, takes a lot of computer power, but it shouldnt affect that much. I can run in 50-60 FPS with many plugins, and VisualV installed.



Offline Voice of Reason  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, September 14, 2016 1:19:55 AM(UTC)
Voice of Reason


Rank: Newbie

Groups: Registered
Joined: 9/13/2016(UTC)
Posts: 6
Canada

So, I just ran a test of EUP only installed. I noticed that in my Task Manager, physical memory usage kept increasing. Granted, this was only for about 45 minutes of play, but within that 45 minutes the memory usage at the end of play was close to 10 GB. I could see that on the occasion there was a dip in memory usage, but it was nothing more than a 'blip' before the memory usage kept increasing. So, I think I found one problem.
Offline Razontex  
#8 Posted : Wednesday, September 14, 2016 9:45:29 AM(UTC)
Razontex


Rank: Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 7/11/2016(UTC)
Posts: 13
Man
Norway

Thanks: 1 times
Was thanked: 18 time(s) in 17 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Voice of Reason Go to Quoted Post
So, I just ran a test of EUP only installed. I noticed that in my Task Manager, physical memory usage kept increasing. Granted, this was only for about 45 minutes of play, but within that 45 minutes the memory usage at the end of play was close to 10 GB. I could see that on the occasion there was a dip in memory usage, but it was nothing more than a 'blip' before the memory usage kept increasing. So, I think I found one problem.


I think that using GTA V with mods/plugins installed, it will eat your memory like Google Chrome does, just worse. GTA V itself uses not that much of memory, its the plugins that does.
As far as I know, its not destroying the RAM, but I understand why you get frustrated when it eats up your RAM.
Offline Voice of Reason  
#9 Posted : Wednesday, September 14, 2016 9:41:54 PM(UTC)
Voice of Reason


Rank: Newbie

Groups: Registered
Joined: 9/13/2016(UTC)
Posts: 6
Canada

Ah, I see. Well in that case, I will probably continue to test out each plugin individually and monitor the situation. Now here's a question. Do modded cars, such as real world cars cause performance issues?
Offline Razontex  
#10 Posted : Wednesday, September 14, 2016 10:19:15 PM(UTC)
Razontex


Rank: Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 7/11/2016(UTC)
Posts: 13
Man
Norway

Thanks: 1 times
Was thanked: 18 time(s) in 17 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Voice of Reason Go to Quoted Post
Ah, I see. Well in that case, I will probably continue to test out each plugin individually and monitor the situation. Now here's a question. Do modded cars, such as real world cars cause performance issues?


It shouldnt. Anything besides graphic enhancement mods installed via OpenIV shouldnt cause any noticable perforance issues.

And btw, dont use any RAM/Memory cleaner softwares.

One more thing, I recommend you to join the official RagePluginHook server on Discord for faster support or just general talk about RAGE Plugin Hook and Off topic stuff: https://t.co/IaYUM3S13l
If you want to contact me on the discord server, I am currently known as ''The Inappropriate Meeper'' or ''Razontex''.

Edited by user Wednesday, September 14, 2016 10:23:23 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline Voice of Reason  
#11 Posted : Thursday, September 15, 2016 1:20:03 AM(UTC)
Voice of Reason


Rank: Newbie

Groups: Registered
Joined: 9/13/2016(UTC)
Posts: 6
Canada

Will do, thank you for your help!

Edited by user Thursday, September 15, 2016 5:37:12 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Users browsing this topic
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.